I've never said anything when I've seen comments made
when people are grieving. But now we're going through this time and it's my
turn. Hopefully, people will read carefully what I'm about to say. Miriam's
father is not and will never be an angel. When he left this life, heaven didn't
gain another angel.
I have heard so many Christians as well as
others not necessarily professing faith say that when a loved one has
"passed away" that heaven has another angel. Humans don't become
angels. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord (2 Cor.5:8)
but not as an angel. I don't know what form or "glory" (1 Cor. 15:35-40) we
will be in, but I suspect because the final resurrection has not occurred yet
that we are in spirit form and will one day be given heavenly yet physical
bodies because our earthly bodies will be raised and "transformed in the
twinkling of an eye..." (1 Cor. 15:52).
To call someone who has "graduated" to heaven an angel is just bad and totally wrong theology. Instead we should think of them as standing in the presence of God the Father worshipping Him in all His Glory as children of God, His children! Yes we are created "a little lower than the angels" (Heb. 2:7) but even the angels marvel at how much God has loved us. The angels were created and sent to minister to us (Heb. 1:14). In fact we are considered brothers of Jesus when we come to know Him as Lord and Savior.
I know Elden "Dean" and Kathryn knew Jesus. I know not only because of the way they talked, but how they lived. Yes they may not have been perfect, only One was, but they also aren't angels. They are Children of God! And because of that, I hope to one day stand beside them again in heaven worshipping the Lord Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father.




No comments:
Post a Comment